ECCA has been designed based on the human resource base of Nepali society. It consists of few experts, a larger number of college level youths, an even greater number of school going children, and then the community at large.
The ECCA methodology involves the following five interfaces:
- The expert-youth interface (Counsellor Training Camp, CTC)
- The youth-to-youth interface (Urban youths, who get trained from experts or those who are graduates on Environment Science, train rural local youths)
- The youth - children interface (ECCA Camp)
- The child-to-child interface (Children trained during the ECCA camp conduct activities for other students (through nature club) in the same school or in neighboring schools)
- The children - community interface (Follow-up Programme)